In order to use our Cobiro CSS solution, you will need to have a CSS-specific Merchant Center account. This account will be created for you automatically when you initiate our Cobiro CSS module.
In order to receive your CSS Merchant Center account, you will only need to provide your Google Ads account ID, an admin email, and your Business name via the CSS module.
Once the information is provided you will need to accept a Google Ads linking request that is sent to your email. After you’ve accepted the linking request, the new Merchant Center account is created for you.
The final step will be to upload your product feed to this new Merchant Center account and you are good to go.
Using existing merchant accounts
If you want to switch from your current CSS provider (including Google) to Cobiro CSS, you can do it via our CSS module.
Please know that if a merchant likes to use Cobiro CSS for Free listing in Europe, the merchant will need to have a non-CSS merchant account (with a claimed domain) as well.
As a rule, you need to always have your own GMC account with a claimed domain.
If you want to use CSS it's best to create a new GMC (CSS) through your Cobiro account.
If you prefer to keep your existing campaigns uninterrupted and switch to CSS, then you can perform a Switch.
Switching from CSS to CSS is easy. But switching from a GMC account with a claimed domain will convert that MC account to a CSS MC account and you will lose the admin features. This means that you will have to create a NEW GMC account and claim your domain again in order to use it to activate Free Listings.
Note: Switching back can only be done by contacting Google Support and the switch will take 14 days to take place.
Requirements for GMC Transfer:
1. You should have a new paid site and access to Google CSS App;
2. You shouldn't have any other GMC integrations for this site;
3. You should have Admin access to the Google Merchant Center account (GMC)
4. You need to provide a valid Google Ads ID and GMC ID
5. Your GMC shouldn't be a primary CSS GMC.
6. Your GMC shouldn't be a marketplace GMC sub-account.
7. Your GMC shouldn't be in a grace period for another CSS switch.
Steps for transferring your GMC:
- You will need a Cobiro Account
- Then go to Cobiro Pro
- “Clients” and create Client
- On the right of the client created click on “Manage”
- Click “Google Shopping CSS” on the left
- Click on “Continue”
- You will be asked to have the business plan and update your billing information.
- Then fill out the information under "Transfer Existing account to Cobiro"
- Once it is processed on our side, you will receive an email notification about GMC transfer request (from Google) with a link to your Merchant Center. It will lead to your Merchant Center account Settings where you will be able to click "Review request" and "Approve".