A feed is a file that contains all the information about the products you sell. The different pieces of information (e.g. a product ID, title, image, etc.) allow customers to search for and find your items. A product feed is basically a spreadsheet (as shown below) where the columns are the fields with requirements from Google that have to be filled out with product data for every product you want to market. A product feed should always include basic fields such as:
- Product title
- Link (product url)
Once your Merchant Center account is created, you need to set up your Google Shopping feed that contains all the information about the products you sell. This article walks you through adding your feed to Google’s Merchant Center.
- Select your account
- Click on “Products” in the left-hand menu
- Choose your preferred way to upload your products
- Add products manually
- Create your product feed (this guide will continue with this option)
- Select the country of sale (same country as you chose during the Google Shopping setup
- Select the language of your website/products
- Name your feed
- Choose your preferred way to upload your product feed (this guide continues with “Scheduled fetch”)
- Name your product feed file
- Fetch daily (recommended)
- Select your own timezone
- Provide the URL for your product feed file
- Click “Create feed”
- Wait for your products to be approved by Google (1-3 working days)
Check the links below if you're looking to set up your feed using TXT, XML or Google Sheet.
- How to set up your Google feed using TXT
- Setting up your product feed as XML file
- How to set up your product feed using Google Sheets
Please sign in to leave a comment.